2013 Petillant
Pènedes, Spain
$16 per bottle | $172.80 per case

Our Wine of the Week is a Vi d’Agullla, which translates as “prickly.” It’s the perfect descriptor for this lightly effervescent white from Avinyó, a producer noted for its Cava production. This beautiful wine is perfect for toasting summers transition to fall. There is slight salinity on the palate that is juxtaposed by the fruit and honeysuckle notes from the Muscat grapes, which make up 40 percent of this blend. The other 60 percent comes from Macabeu grapes that add a bright pop of acidity and citrus notes. It would be a great complement to shrimp and other seafood, as well as an accompaniment to a cheese plate. 

AuthorResurgens Hospitality Group